At DHC, we value the safety of our clients, the growth of our employees, and the forward progress of our industry. Working at DHC, you would play an important role on our team, providing high level services and support to construction projects across the United States.
At this time, we are looking for an Associate Engineer to join our team at our Chicago, IL branch (located in Evanston). New engineers work closely with all levels of engineers in the company and have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
- Preparing PE stamped design plans, and backup calculations for temporary systems on construction projects
- Design using steel, concrete, timber and masonry construction materials
- Written and verbal communication with general contractors
- Some travel to project sites around the U.S.
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required
- 2 - 5 years experience
- EIT License required
- IL SE License Preferred or ability to obtain license within one year of eligibility
- Excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills required
- Experience with engineering programs such as Risa3D and AutoCAD preferred
DHC is proud to have many long-time employees. Those that thrive at this company and in the industry have the ability to adapt to evolving work environments and heightened standards, and are not afraid to step outside of their comfort zone to fill a need. Our team is made up of many unique individuals with a variety of skillsets and personalities, but we all share a common trait: a desire for excellence in our work. Our teamwork is what has allowed DHC to make a positive impact in our communities and the industry as a whole. If being a part of this team sparks your interest, we look forward to reading your application.
Applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to Katy Carreiro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, PTO & paid holidays, IRA with company match, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and bonus potential. Other benefits include regular company lunches, holiday outings, company team building trips and much more.